JavaScript on the Command-line, a tiny repo

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been working on a project to make Kivra’s web app ready for other languages than Swedish. It’s been a great deal of manual work, going through the codebase and moving strings to our copy repository.

This involved a lot of cross-checking and checking that the strings are being used or not. After a little while of using find/replace in Atom, I realized that this was going to take a long time.

So, I put together a little gist. That gist turned into a simple repo that I whipped together.

After customizing the repo with some tooling and npm options, it seemed like a good idea to generalize this into a boilerplate that I can reuse for other support systems or for my own projects.

Hip names, congruent with 2018 tech, escaped me, so I went with the obvious: JavaScript on the Command-line