I lounged in the pool
While the water watched me
A serene smile from his eyes
As I could feel my arms lather, lather, lather
I lounged in the pool
My notes below:
Sam Cole, KnC Miner:
- You have to listen to VC’s
- Good regular communication with VC’s
- Raise more cash
- Have a strong team
EQT Ventures team are looking for digitally disruptive products from software companies.
Startups will benefit from strong tech team and postfunding support.
- Team is more important than product in early stages of startup.
Together is EQT’s match-making service for startups and investors.
The team’s favorite words during pitches:
AI, machine learning, traction, product, market, metric positive unit metrics, demo, customers, I’m too busy to meet you guys
… Least favorite words:
Exit strategy, we’ve outsourced dev, strategy, constant use of I, overusing words that you dont understand
Glance – simplify your data the autopilot for your business
- Thoughts from investors, mid-pitch: “put yourself in customers shoes, good outline of problem, there are a hundred of these solutions out there,put data in context”
- Good solid pitch, good touches, USP is slack bot and alexa skill, confident speaker
Happy Tails – connecting dog lovers
- 520 million dogs registered worldwide
- 2.2million active users for 2020
- Fullstack team, two apps released, looking for developers
- investor brain: “what is the size of the market? are those actual dog names? what part of the market do you want to start?”
- Tyler: “you never know what the investor is looking at in your presentation“
- energy and passion is needed in the product
Lunar Way – banking without the license
- Danish company, 9 months old
- Banking as a commodity
- Fb bot inside Messenger, nifty
- Investor brain thoughts: “primary or secondary bank for your customers?”
- Goal is to become a bank
- Established marketing and products
- Don’t have a oneliner… “Tinder for Banking”
The stockholmer podcast – looking for sponsors and stories
I was searching for Twitter clients for the commandline the other day and I found Rainbowstream. It’s an excellent tool; this is some serious software right here. You can view images. Images! Images on the CLI…
Check out the docs and give it a shot.
If not Rainbowstream, what CLI clients do you use for your Twitterage?
I lived a dream for a day
Woke up in its grip the next day
Choked on the ether for another day
Now wanting it all again for another two…
The first season of Mr. Robot was average, banal television.
Warning: Spoiler alerts! Don’t complain in the responses.
Hai! Welcome to my tech blog on minademian.com. This is my second post (I wrote a short post about Facebook’s Messenger app for Android a few days ago) and I wanted to introduce myself, along with my dev stack.
I’ve been a web developer for the past eight years. My work has been primarily in PHP/MySQL and front-end development. I dabbled in journalism and data journalism in the last two years. I am now back in full-time development, but I still get itchy feet for open data and some investigations in data-driven stories.
I’m on Ubuntu 16.04, using Atom as my editor (I fall back into vi sometimes because it taste so gud) and nginx. I’m on PHP 7 and PostgreSQL for backend work.
It would be great to know you in the comments below. Introduce yourself and your dev stack. Let’s talk shop!
I am open to be in a relationship with someone. I no longer think and feel that you have to be ready in order to be in a relationship. When…
First, it was the hollowness in the messages trickling in on my screen. They felt like they had just survived another chemo session. At…